Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Welcome Home

However much I love Bénédicte's family and home (and hot water), there is something about the Petit Moulin community that feels so good to return to.  It feels liberating to be here, maybe because the outdoors is part of our living space, maybe because I've become more than just a guest.  My own little cabin felt just right, and Petit Noel slept with me all night.  He crawled under my blankets and curled up near my stomach to stay nice and warm.  Apparently, after I let him out this morning (before I was fully awake), he went to say hi to Emerick working in the gardens.  Emerick told me that he picked up Petit Noel and smelled me and knew that the cat had spent the night.  Oh the scandal!

By the time I was really waking up it was closer to 9:15.  I heard Sylvan and Irene talking and looked out the window to see them marching up the path towards my cabin, book in hand.  They've never visited me in the morning before!  I quickly pulled on some clothes and they came in and crawled onto my bed and we read their comic book for ten minutes or so, all snuggled up, before I had to hustle off to the morning meeting.  It was the perfect morning and I love it here.

1 comment: