Monday, June 10, 2013

'This Is A Dreaming Nest'

I have had the strangest dreams here.  For example:

My house was haunted by several ghosts, and became a tourist attraction for a bus-ful of Asians; but it wasn't until my sister and I were trapped in a burning basement with a dozen children that we discovered it was all set up by our murderous, shotgun-toting step-mother.  I woke up before the end.

My dad and I traversed a strange city with a crazy assassin on the loose.  My dad figured out it was us the man was looking for and attacked him, but turned out to be very bad at choking someone to death, and the man escaped.  I was furious, not because I really wanted to succeed at killing someone, but because now the killer knew who he was looking for.  I spent the rest of the dream sneaking around.

A baby died, and I couldn't save her.

I was running through logging territory in my underwear when I stopped to pull a car out of the woods by a cable. 

I married a man that I didn't love.  He didn't love me either, but the family of his true love refused to let them marry, and he figured I would make a good wife and mother.  It was very depressing.  Also, he somehow was the guardian of a houseful of children, not his.  I was trying to decide whether or not to keep our relationship strictly platonic until we could get a divorce.  When I woke up and realized it wasn't real, I almost wept tears of relief.

And then, last night, I wove and unwove and wove and unwove..


You might say my subconsious is working through some things.




*Does anyone know the movie reference in the title??  I'll give you a hint: the character who dreams in the nest is a cat...




3 comments:

  1. Wow, you poor thing. Those sound like stressful life shortening dreams. Thankfully, I know that you are such an upbeat, lovely person when you're awake that you'll probably outlive us all(as long as you stay away from axes(hope the thumb feels better soon, don't forget to ice it for the swelling) and keep your hair away from looms. Dangerous things with long hair and looms have happened. Be well, and may your dreams be as bright as the light in your eyes, and may your tomorrow need sunglasses as they come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the movie, but while searching i found this site of nests, nestdreaming.tumblr.com some dreamy places. Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooo i love it, Daddy! thanks! funny; most of these places look like places to get work done instead of dream :)

      Delete