Sunday, June 2, 2013

And Children! There Are Children, Too!

Irene (7) and Sylvan (5) are Gaelle and Bruno's kids.  They like me, too.  Playtime with a foreigner is extra mysterious/confusing.

I let Sylvan ride around on my shoulders.  He is super light and stayed up there for at least an hour the first time.  He's happy to carry things for me while I hold his ankles.  The paths around here are funky, though, and I tripped today while he was up there.  Somehow nothing bad happened and we both landed okay.  Thank heaven.  He smacked his head on a doorframe once, too, but he keeps climbing back on!

He's the one who took this video, from his perch on my shoulders.  Irene is making some food to order.  Three crepes with blue sugar for Anne-Sophie (a fellow WWOOFer), if I remember correctly.  I love her creative fashion sense.   Sylvan gets super excited at all the things he can see through my phone; two balls, a car, the door, and his grandfather's house over the bridge.  Please enjoy the adorable French and don't mind my slightly nervous chuckles now and then; I never quite catch what they are saying until they've already said it.  *shrug*


No comments:

Post a Comment