Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My Epic Journey

On Sunday I biked from Guéveneux (here, where I'm living) to Malestroit (where I hitched a ride to and from church in the far-away city of Vannes) and then from Malestroit to the tiny village of Montertelot, where I stayed for three days with a seamstress friend of Bruno's.  I biked for a total of 30 km (or about 2.5 hrs) on a rickety old 2-speed bike with handlebars that slipped out of position and a saddle which felt like it was made of wood.  I still have a sore butt, and it's Tuesday.

It was pretty amazing, though.  And by that, I mean that I am.  *grin*




This is the family I stayed with; aren't they adorable?  Dominique and Bénédicte are the parents and Juliette and Luka are the kids.  They were the nicest people.  They let me take a hot bath one morning and a hot shower the next and they fed me lots of sugar, promising not to tell anyone. ^-^  And their house is darling, their kids are tame, their garden is amazingly productive, and Dominique loves to cook.  Could it get any better than that? 

***Pause for contemplation of my blessings***  These people like me.  They invited me to stay longer at their house and kept talking about when I will come back to visit.  Bruno and his people like me, too, and he's been threatening not to let me leave.  How is it that I have been blessed with many homes?  I wish I could be in all of them (including the first and most important one in Dayville) at once.  It feels like my heart is stretching to span the ocean.
***Thank you***

No comments:

Post a Comment