Thursday, June 20, 2013

An Exercise In Foot-Eye Coordination

1-2 (meaning pedals 1 and 2)
T1 (meaning 'toile side 1' or pedals 1 and 3; one half of a plain weave pédalage)
2-3 (that's right: pedals 2 and 3)
T2 (this means 'toile side 2' or pedals 2 and 4; the other half of plain weave)
3-4 (you got it...)
T1 (uh huh...)
4-1
T2
Repeat.  OR if you want to really get lost, reverse it for a chevron effect.

This is a 'serge double, demi-damasse' weave.  I wove a block of this yesterday.  I don't think I have ever noticed how very far away my feet are from my brain.  It doesn't help that I'm counting in French....
un, deux
un (I leave off the 'T')
deux, trois
deux
trois, quatre
un
....etc.

For the first hour or so, I was grinding my teeth, counting threads, mixing up pedals, and un-weaving my mistakes.  But I am closer to owning it now.  Which is good because Bruno might be having me weave 3 meters of it this weekend.

1 comment: