Saturday, June 8, 2013

Friday

Friday was a big day because it was my day to cook.  It was a little nerve-wracking with weird food, a strange stove, and different palates to please.  I went simple this time; just making my version of what we've been eating every day.  Next time I want to go crazy and make some homemade vegan raviolis and an apple pie!!

Ingredients:
Kitchen:
Menu:

Lentils with green onions and bay leaf









This grain stuff that I don't know what it is called with green onions









Swiss chard









Spinach, left over from a salad the day before









Raw things, like this wild salad Kate gathered, and carrots, and radishes







And croutons that I made out of my old baguette.







(I almost forgot those in the oven.)
We ate outside, sitting on the ground, like we always do.














And dinner was a soup of potatoes and nettles I gathered myself.  Parents, I bet you are happy that I finally like swiss chard.  I will cook for you like this one time when I get home.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Love the photos, and the food looks interesting. I'm going to make quiche tonight. :) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete