Friday, June 14, 2013

My Magical Historical Hat

I made the hat that this girl is wearing.  Or a version thereof.

Lovely, no?  

Then I cooked all morning and looked like this..
(even though this isn't a very flattering
picture, i still like it somehow...
the mood, perhaps, captures the grit of
16th century genre paintings.)
At that point my hat was falling off, so I retied my braids underneath and it worked better:


But here is why this hat is magically historical.

While wearing it, I made delicious food using a wood-burning stove.  When I forgot to watch the fire and it went out, I built it back up.  I made an apple pie with buckwheat and honey (note: buckwheat is not the best grain for pie crust..  my oil-based crust batter also looked like mud).  I used every last bit of edible thing--even the apple peels made it into the soup (along with radish greens and baby leek leftovers), giving it a hint of sweetness that was just right.  And the leftover rice and legumes I made into vegan meatballs.  I also made french fries, which are not historical, I suppose, but they were perfect french fries!  
I was totally on a roll.

see?  mud pie.
someone loves me for french fries
and my fried vegan meatballs were a hit
and here is Sylvan's picture of me.  
Bruno kissed me on the cheeks when he saw the french fries.
Needless to saw, my second day of cooking lunch was a hit!!  

Thank you, Magical Historical Hat.

1 comment:

  1. Love that magical, historical hat...and my magical, historical girl! I'm so glad you're Dad's and mine!

    ReplyDelete