Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Stupidest Thing I've Done During A Lightning Storm



The sky was growing darker and darker as damp breezes made the trees and grasses rustle.  Thunder rumbled in an almost continuous threat.  I watched lightning flash from cloud to distant cloud as I held a ten foot metal pole in place.  We were building a sheep enclosure in preparation for gathering the sheep in preparation for shearing the sheep.  If I had gotten hit by lightning, it would've made for a great story.


2 comments:

  1. Alexandra, sometimes I am amazed at the disconnect in your mind, like water for a car, holding a metal pole in a thunderstorm, no matter how far away it may seem is not the brightest thing to do. Lightning can strike faster then your eys could preceive and vola you are toast! Let's be a little more attentive; just because you have stepped back in time for a wonderful experience does not mean you leave behind what man has come to learn about the power of nature. Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Dad! Everyone was doing it! Lol. But seriously, they were. All these big strong men with intelligent heads on their shoulders. Plus the sheep pen had to be built and it hadn't started raining yet. I rest my case. :) Love you!

      Delete