Thursday, July 5, 2012

I Lost My Heart In Paris

Yup.  It happened.  I got on the metro at Barbes.  It was pretty tight, so I stood right in front of this blond guy in a white button-down and nice shoes.  And the most amazing green eyes I have ever seen.  He looked at me.  I looked at him.  We studiously did not look at each other.  We looked at each other again and each smiled.  And when I got off, I shot a final glance in his direction, and he said "au revoir" with a smile in his beautiful eyes.  Well, it was too loud so I didn't actually hear him say it, but I saw his lips move... a sight that I will forever treasure in my heart.  I mouthed "au revoir" back to him as I slipped off the train, and then I ran up the stairs into the rainy evening and smiled to myself all the way home.

Part of me wishes I had somehow gotten my number to him, but in the past that has given a very wrong impression (I'm looking for the love of my life, here, people, not a one night stand!!).  Maybe I can take that metro back and forth a couple times every evening, wandering the cars in search of those green eyes.  But then again, as Liz pointed out, he's probably some chain-smoking, wine-bibbing atheist man.  That is, on average, the general description of French men.

Oh, but les yeux!  They will haunt my dreams forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment