Monday, July 30, 2012

Everyone Is Special...

...but sometimes I live in a moment when I feel UNIQUELY special.  Like tonight, when a friend opened up and trusted me.  Just me.  And more that that, my presence changed him and helped to heal him in a moment that mattered.  And he told me I was special, and suddenly I believed him.  Like magic.
Perhaps, despite all the hype that mades "special" feel mundane, the original sentiment is true.  Maybe the feeling I've had all my life that I am different and unique is valid.  Maybe I don't need to push it away as if it were a gateway drug to Pride.

For just a moment, I'm going to let this sink in.  Instead of brushing it off with "oh, anyone could have/would have done the same" or "well, it was just the right combination of circumstances", I'm going to believe it.  You can try it, too, if you'd like.


It feels like flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment