Thursday, May 17, 2018

This Post Is For Grant

Hi Grant!  Your mom said you like finding things on maps, so I've got a couple pictures of a place near where I live in Mexico!  It's called Lincoln Park, in Polanco, Mexico City.  Can you find it?  Let me know if you need more clues!

The park is named after this guy!  Do you recognize him?
He was a president of the United States and he did some really important things. 

This is another American hero that has a statue in the park. 
His name was Martin Luther King Jr.  Do you know why he is a hero?

A view of the park.  Lots of people walk their dogs here,
but we just have cats, and our cats don't like going on walks..

There is a HUGE really fun-looking playground here too! 
I need to find some kids to be friends with so they can bring me here to play. :)

Can you find this park on a map?  Then you will also be able to see my neighborhood!  :)  Good luck!


2 comments:

  1. Grant says: Thank you for the pictures! That park is two BIG rectangles! I want to come visit you so I can play on the playground!

    He also loved seeing the MLK statue ("Martin Luther King? He is an American hero!") and thought that the amphitheater was really neat to see from above in the google satellite photos. He might have also spotted an ice cream shop that he wants to visit with you. :D This was a huge hit today and made our afternoon. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Yay!! That makes me so happy!

    Hey Grant, you and your parents can totally come visit! We do live super far away, though and that kind of trip takes some planning :) You did a great job finding this place on the map! I'll have to find another special place for you to look up this week :)

    hugs, alexandra

    ReplyDelete