Wednesday, May 9, 2018

The Duck Cookbook

I'm not sure why I brought it home.  I saw it in the take-one-leave-one library, and I thought, I've never cooked a duck before!  I should maybe learn.  And then I paged through the book and saw that the recipes were very french and very high end.  And the author said that duck is very hard to cook!  I reasoned, if I ever want to cook duck, I should have a book that tells me how to do it. 

And so that is why I now have a duck cookbook.  I don't want it.  I have the internet instead!  I think I'll bring it back.  Like the book Measure for Measure.  I was like, I should read this!  Shakespeare is funny!  And then I started reading it and remembered that I don't need to do homework anymore.  So I brought it back.  Like American Gods.  It's super crass; the kind of crass I don't want replaying in my head as I'm trying to fall asleep nights.  So I think I'll bring it back

The hard part and the best part about being an adult is that you don't *need* to do anything you don't want to do.

Like today.  I did three of the four things on my list and the fourth thing is sewing something, which I ostensibly like doing, so it isn't really a TO DO, but since it isn't a TO DO, I have ended up not doing it.  Instead I have given myself a headache by scrolling almost uncontrollably through my facebook feed.  Sigh.  Being an adult--an adult with no job and only four small things (well, three) on her to do list--is a little hard.  And a little boring, it turns out. 

Oh!  but my cat escaped today!  I had just gotten home, talking on the phone with my brother as I walked through the compound to my door.  I unlocked my door and there was one cat waiting for me inside.  Suddenly it registered that I was hearing a cat yowling out in the courtyard, and, also suddenly, that yowl sounded very familiar...  A quick inspection of the house and sure enough, the screen in one of the windows had been pushed out.  Thankfully, Marco was just one floor up, standing on the windowsill that maybe he thought was ours?, yowling his little heart out. 

So that was exciting.
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment