Monday, May 7, 2018

I Just Want My Own Stuff

I washed our welcome kit bedspread today because it has cat hair all over it.

I had to stuff it into the washing machine and I'm not even convinced it was fully washed.  Then I had to stuff it in the dryer.  Turns out it is not 100% cotton.  You know how I know?  Because the dryer melted it.  In several small patches.

I hate not being in charge of my own stuff.  Now I have to be like, "Oh GSO, terribly sorry, but I melted your [[[CRAPPY]]] bedspread."  Just like I swelled up the cheapo kitchen counter top when I used the dish drainer that they provided, which didn't have a water tray.  (Now, one of the kitchen drawers can't open because the swollen counter top is blocking it.) 

In real life, if you don't have a water tray under your dish drainer, it is because you know that your counter can handle being wet and has a lip so the water won't spill all over the floor.  In real life, I don't buy plastic bedspreads.  The info that you know, that you plan for, that you understand when you put your own house together is entirely missing in temp housing with a stupid welcome kit that doesn't even provide decently sharp knives.

And I'm grumpy because I'm tired but also overly rested and bored from a two nap day.  I needed them at the time, but I fear I will wake up at 3am again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment