Monday, May 14, 2018

A Message From The Inside

I came in to the embassy today, intending to complete two simple tasks:
1. inform my supervisor that I am ready to take on cases.
2. have IT help me locate and access my .pst file of all my stuff that I made in Chengdu last year.

and drop off two items:
1. CLO "library" books that I'm done with.
2. Thank you muffins to Paulina who helped us call about internet two weeks ago.

I completed all of the above things!  But suddenly, I am swept up in Everything Else:
1. IT couldn't help me with .pst, so I had to send an email to Chengdu.
2. I was told that my security clearance had been sent here, but when I checked, it wasn't, so had to log in to another computer to forward the email that was my proof, but that computer wouldn't let me on and then the next computer I tried wouldn't let me on, so now, 40 minutes of trying later, I have a document full of screenshots to take to IT to get them to fix THAT.
3. I forgot that I need to make an appointment with the med unit so they can inform us of the dangers of Zika.
4. Joel hadn't handed in our GSO inventory, so I got it from him (since I'm here) and will bring it where it needs to go.
5. I ran into one of the CLO ladies and asked her about a social sponsor position, and she told me to ask the other CLO lady, so I've got to go there.

...I think that is all.
One wonders if I am going to be able to get home before lunch!
Sigh.  This seems to always happen.  And honestly, I think I thrive on *needing* to do things, but also honestly, the embassy just seems to SUCK ME IN whenever I spend any amount of time here...

Today is the first day that I am determined to NOT stay until Joel goes home.  Because I need a nap.




P.S. I heard that there is a horse race track here in Mexico City and it is posh!  I really want to go, but I super want to go in My Fair Lady race track gear.  Black and White gown, giant parasol, enormous hat..  Just the thought brings a sparkle to my eyes!  ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment