Saturday, September 1, 2012

First Day Of The CAMINO!!

First of all, I just wasted about 10 minutes of my 40 minutes on this computer by trying to log in to google.  Turns out ´ this and ` this are just accents and not an apostraphe.  And if I make any spelling mistakes, I apologize, this thing won't let me switch to english easily.  BAH!
What a day.
What a couple of days, actually.
I´m going to post a bunch of pictures in the interest of time and let them speak mainly for themselves.

...
AND I can't figure out how to flip the pictures on this flippin' computer!!
...
Figured it out.  Man, being on a ticking clock really messes with your composure.

Here are the pics.
BAH!  Nevermind!  This computer is so super slow!  I was only able to download these two pictures in the past ten minutes!!  Oh my goodness, this stress, I can't take it!  My body feels like it is about to fall apart, my stomach is empty, and my photos won't load!!!

***********I finally got some more pics in!  see them!************

I will take what I can get, I suppose.
These are pictures from saying goodbye to Liz and Sophie and I love them.

Sophie was pretty stressed out.  She had burst into tears about fifteen times in the hour we had all been awake.  I was so sad to let them go!

Sigh.  Then Sofia and I bought pain au chocolat each and went.
my favorite French pastry ever, from my favorite bakery.
The train journey was uneventful, except that Sofia and I played that dot game, where you try to make squares, and I won, like woah.  Also, I bought a slice of famous Bayonne ham for 1 euro and 3 cents when we had a two hour layover.  It was one of those hams that cures in a shed for ages and looks all hard and dried and almost mouldy on the outside, but it was delish on the inside.

We got to St. Jean and went straight to the pilgrim start point, where they gave us a tent!  Yes, a tent!  There were only expensive hostels left, we asked if we could camp, they asked if we had a tent, we said no, they said it will probably rain, we all looked worried for a moment, and then they gave us a tent!
So we camped at the campground.  We were going to try to off-road it (you have to hide so that the authorities don't see you) but then it was getting dark and we went to the campground and there was no one there so we got in for FREE!!  We are blessed.
See that little black square behind that little tree?  It's a tunnel I suggested we spend the night in.

Instead, thankfully, we spent the night here, in our new free tent!

Walking today was super hard.  The view was amazing, but it was uphill, steeply uphill, the whole way until it went downhill, steeply downhill, the rest of the way.  It was going downhill that killed me.  My feet were twitching in my boots, my knees were ready to buckle.  Ouch.  But now we are here and safe and warm and showered, and about to have a delicious dinner.
And my time is almost up.
Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Wow wow wow! I can't wait to talk to you on the phone and hear about all of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete