Friday, September 21, 2012

At This Very Moment

...I am completely naked except for my sleeping bag.  Through some laziness on my part in the past week, I have run out of clean clothes!  This, despite wearing the same clothes for two or three days in a row..  What is a pilgrim to do? 
When I took a shower, Sofia took my clothes to get washed and dried (thank goodness there is a dryer), and when I got out of the shower, I just got into my sleeping bag!  It unzips at the bottom so I can walk and has a drawstring around the top that I've tightened just under my arms.  I feel like the Little Mermaid (red hair and all!) when she crawls out of the sea and wraps herself in an old sail.  Warning to everyone, though:  I haven't shaved my pits in quite some time, so the sleeveless look is a bit perilous.  I suppose I am lucky that this albergue separates girls' and boys' sleeping areas and that there is an internet room right off the girls dormitory.  So far my scandlous (and fluffy) new style is a secret from the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment