Saturday, August 25, 2012

Our New Morning Routine

Since I got back from the Netherlands, Sophie and I have started a new morning routine.  I wake up and come out of my room and say good morning.  She runs to me (makes my whole day) and then wants to go in my room.  I boost her up onto my bed and she hunts for Lamb, my stuffed animal, in the covers.  Sometimes he's pretty well hidden in the blankets, but she knows he's there!  She looks and looks, and when she finds him she gives him lots of kisses.

Then I go to brush my teeth, and she comes with me.  Today she got my toothbrush, toothpaste and floss out and brought them to me, so I wouldn't forget.  I get both our toothbrushes ready and then we brush together, with her on my left hip so I can still use my right hand.  Her favorite part is when I gargle.  She's intently watched me do that since the beginning.  This morning emphasized the spectacle of it, as Sophie sat on her mommy's lap and watched me swish and gargle and spit.  She laughed and laughed and then tried to spit herself, only succeeding in getting some drool on her chin and her mom's arm.  She'll get there soon.

I get the feeling that Sophie loves me a lot and missed me while I was gone.  Man, am I going to miss her.  For the rest of my life, really, once she grows a bit and forgets who I am.  I'm treasuring up the moments.
This is the only picture I have of Sophie and Lambie.
Don't be fooled by circumstances of this picture;
they are good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment