Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bare Feet Breakthrough!

Today Sophie and I and Matt (a friend from Boston) went to Montmartre (my favorite place in Paris) and we explored behind the basilica, finding an adorable little park to play in.  Some other little girls had taken off their shoes, so I used their examples to persuade Sophie to play barefoot in the sand.  It worked!  Haha!
Then, sneaky me, I didn't put her shoes back on when I strapped her into the stroller to head home.  That way, when we strollered by a lovely deep green patch of grass a little later, it wasn't hard to test the barefoot tolerance on this terrain as well!  I held her by her hands and set her down feet first, but she curled her legs up under her in the air.  She sat on my lap most of the time, but she did venture out into the verdure!!  I even got a picture of it!


Success!  I'll make a barefoot babe out of her yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment