Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I Make Better French Mousse Than The French

I went out to dinner yesterday with a friend visiting from Boston.  We met up after my ballet class and found a restaurant called Rive Droit near Chatelet.  It is a pretty touristy area, so I wasn't expecting too much of it.  I just wanted some escargot and chocolate mousse.  Simple, right?
Well, the escargot was tasty, but there were a dozen of them.  That was a bit much, even for me.
And then, the chocolate mousse was not good.  The texture was similar to mine (validation!), but it seemed to be more sugar than chocolate.  SO SWEET I couldn't finish it.
My chocolate mousse is so much better.
The end.

3 comments:

  1. I stopped my read at the title .... IMPOSSIBLE :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fact read it anyway... Your mousse is just better than in "attrape touriste" restaurants. I hope you will come back to Paris then I will be glad to let you test a chocolate mousse that I will prepare for the occasion.

      Delete
    2. I do know that this mousse was a poor sample for comparison, but I would have you know that my mousse can stand up to any French comparison! Bring it on!

      Delete