Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Dolls

Yesterday we visited the Doll Museum near Rambuteau.  My visit was justified as soon as I walked in the door and saw this doll:
Lovely.  She reminds me of some reproduction dolls I found last year while doing research for the dolls I made for the American Textile History Museum (or rather, they would remind me of her).  The Old Pretenders make some AMAZING dolls, any one of which could be swapped with this antique doll and fit right in.  See?

Sophie was less engrossed than I was in the museum experience, at least until she found the little stroller she could push through the halls.  She tucked her Winnie the Pooh into it and played while I browsed. Thank you, museum people!
Settling Pooh in just right.
That doll's hands were almost as big as hers.
I love this picture.
It was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment