Wednesday, July 9, 2014

'No really, how do you manage not to be bored?' she said to Anna again.  'All one has to do is look at you to see a woman who can be happy or unhappy--but never bored.  Show me how you do it!'
Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina, Part 3, section xviii

...And I'm painting a coconut palm on a wall in the museum.  This, here, is a picture of the tree outside my hotel room door.  It is the tree that I'm using as inspiration because of its interestingly kinked trunk and nice proportions.


What follows are a series of images depicting the painting of the tree.  I started yesterday afternoon and painted most of today while listening to Within Temptation.  I was dealing with some unhappy, and the painting and the music provided some much-needed fiber for the soul.  Ready, set, go!










I have a bunch of detailing still to do, but the bulk of the painting is done.  I'm going to back off for a few days; set my creative juices on simmer.  The rest of the museum installations are moving right ahead, so there is a never-ending supply of stuff for us to do!  I'll catch y'all up on it later.  Now is time for bed.  xo


2 comments:

  1. Alexandra, I can't' get enough of looking at the progression of this work of art, it reminds me of the guy that does the sidewalk caulk drawings. It is so real!! I sent an email to Art so he could see it too. Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete