Saturday, March 26, 2011

Clothes

Some of my friends whom I would love to have with me on my pilgrimage do not want to wear medieval clothes. 

I know, it blows my mind.  Not only that, but it tortures my soul and tears at my heart.

I haven't decided on a century to recreate (sometime after 1250 and before 1550), much less a particular fashion, but I feel that clothing is integral to the experience!  The reason I sew clothes is so that I can DO things in them!  Feel what life was like in someone else's skin, or the closest thing to it.  And maybe this is a premature issue, but I think it is important for my party of pilgrims to be dressed for the part.  Please tell me if I am being unreasonable about this (though I will probably ignore you if you say that I am).

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Only if they can wear a pair of Merrells underneath!
    I know, I know, that's cheating too. But I can't imagine walking twelve miles a day in anything other than my beloved Merrell hiking boots.

    (Nevertheless, this whole plan of yours is ridiculously neat. I am intrigued to see how it unfolds!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i won't make anyone but myself hike in period shoes :) period clothing is a whole other question!

    ReplyDelete