Sunday, October 13, 2019

Starting with Alice

Alice will be 18 months old at the April General Conference/Bicentennial extravaganza (which is what is being called in my head), and I'm going to start with her clothing first because it is little and simple and cute!

I still need to research layers for children, but in the meantime, I've fallen in love with a really simple style of dress that is one long, shaped panel for the front and a gathered back with back bodice closed with drawstrings.  Like this one (C.I.X.52.1.2):


The best part about this little dress is hat you can tell the shapes of the pattern pieces because of the stripes!!  There are a couple other examples of the same style of dress at the MET (with flat front panel and gathered back panel), such as:

1978.477.11 -- I love the ruffle around the neckline

1985.367.8 -- I love these sleeves and the fact that the front neckline has some pleats

Its such a simple and sweet design.
I do need to learn how to do piped seams.  And I need to draft little puffed sleeves.  But other than that, this should be relatively easy (famous last words?).  

No comments:

Post a Comment