Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Our Faces


This is a post filled mainly with pictures of me and Joel at places of interest. Selfies!. It's just something you have to do! I think some people do it for the proof that I've been there thing. I tend to think of selfies as a lottery; if I take enough of them, maybe one of them will make me look cute! ^^

Here goes. 
ps, this was a beast to organize and I don't do html, so I wash my hands of the formatting of this post.

Selfie number one. This is us in Chengdu just before going out for some pretty not great hotpot. We are posing in front of this bower overflowing with little red pouches filled with wishes! And Joel wrote one for us and we tied it on. Isn't that the sweetest!!


The hot pot was bad in that we ordered too much, the fish tasted like dirt, and a giant shrimp's head exploded in our broth.  BUT there was a performance with bits of Chinese opera and the mask-changing dance! That was super cool :)  

Selfie number two. IN THE AIRPLANE ON THE WAY TO HONG KONG! Yay Christmas!!

Selfie number three. This was when we were eating that amazing sushi. There was another sushi restaurant downstairs (apparently malls are legitimate locations for fancy restaurants here) that looked half empty, but they said they were full. This one looked full, but they said they still had space at the bar. It was the best thing that ever happened to us.

Selfie number four. Showing off our Hawaii outfits. Joel's mom sent us a joint package (*yay!!*) with a Hawaiian shirt for him and a tropical scarf for me! We are so ready for day two in Hong Kong.

Selfie number five. On the adorable ferry that shuttles people between Hong Kong island and Kowloon. That Hawaiian shirt is the best. He wore it allllllll day. 😍

Selfie number six. (These likenesses of me keep getting worse and worse! I'm telling you, selfies are a lottery. And I don't often win... Joel, on the other hand, looks totally great! Sigh.)  This is right after riding an *awesome* roller coaster!! It had been something like ten years for each of us since riding a 'coaster. It felt good to get back in that harness.

Selfie number seven. Waiting in line for the Raging Rapids ride, and then...wait for it.....

Selfies number eight, nine, and ten. These goofy pics are from the thrilling initial climb, just before I tucked my phone away so it wouldn't get wet.
And...the piece de resistance....
Picture number eleven. This was the shot taken just before the final plunge. Joel insisted that we spend the $15 for a copy because our resting faces are priceless. Mostly his. What an abiding glower!! Money well spent, I must say ^^

Selfie number twelve. After a full day of amusement parking, a mad dash to make our dinner reservation, and a deliciously hearty meal at Dan Ryan's, I was pooped. Jet lag might have still had something to do with it.. This is a shot from when we were heading back to the hotel, just before I started looking like a zombie and turning into a pumpkin at the same time. Joel took such good care of my sleepwalking self and didn't leave me on the subway or anything! Partially couldn't be helped, since I was napping on his chest the whole ride. Boyfriends can be pretty nice.
Oh, and I have to add the pics from the restaurant--it was just soooooo good!



    
The potato skins that changed my life, Joel's rack of ribs, and my beautiful beautiful steak...  That night it was go big or go home. In the end, we did both!

Selfie number thirteen. Us with our new friend Sol (short for Solomon) from New York. Riding the tram up to Hong Kong's peak! It was unfortunately quite rainy and bleak that day, but it was a cool ride and the views were still solid, even if a lot of it was white. Sol was nice and took pics for us: 


And I, of course, also needed to take one, selfie-style. 
























And with that, I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment